Cynthia is an RN with many years of experience in the birth world. She started her nursing career as a labor and delivery nurse. Cynthia is certified as a lactation consultant, doula, childbirth educator and Spinning Babies® Parent Educator.
She currently sits on the ICEA board of directors as the Director of Lactation. She lives with her husband in Beresford, South Dakota and currently works in Sioux City, Iowa at Unitypoint St. Luke’s Hospital as an IBCLC and nursery nurse.
She has four grown daughters and six grandchildren. All of her children were born unmedicated naturally and breastfed.
She has had a passion for the miracle of birth and lactation for as long as she can remember. She also has a passion for life-long learning and believes that knowledge can be empowering. She considers it a privilege to be able to empower women and their partners through prenatal education.
You can be confident that Cynthia will bring you the most up-to-date evidence-based information available.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- Internationally Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
- Advanced Nurse Lactation Consultant (ANLC)
- International Certified Doula (CD-ICEA)
- Certified Doula (CD-DONA)
- International Certified Childbirth Educator (ICCE)
- Spinning Babies® Parent Educator (SpBCPE)
- Rebozo Certified
- Registered Nurse (RN), St. Luke’s School of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), St. Luke’s School of Nursing
- RN and BSN licensed in the state of South Dakota